WA.gov.au – Bringing the Western Australian Government to you
The whole-of-government website, WA.gov.au was officially launched on 5 February 2018, by Hon. Dave Kelly, Minister for Innovation and ICT.
WA.gov.au is a single-point entry to Western Australian Government online services and information.
With links to over 600 government services and improved accessibility, WA.gov.au will make it easier for people to find and access government services and information.
The site has been designed with the end-user firmly in mind. To keep the website evolving to meet the changing needs of all Western Australians, we encourage you to visit WA.gov.au and give us your feedback.
The WA.gov.au website is a key initiative of the Digital WA Strategy and has been delivered as part of the ServiceWA (Digital) Program.
ServiceWA (Digital) Program
The ServiceWA (Digital) Program focusses on the digital delivery of online services. It excludes functions such as digitally assisted services or consolidated counter services which remain the responsibility of individual agencies.
The ServiceWA (Digital) Program is focussing on:
- Delivering a single government digital services portal which complements front counter services and improves the equality of access to government services across the State.
- Allowing people and businesses to login and access their own information and services quickly and easily.
- Developing the policies and frameworks needed to support a seamless and secure user experience.
- Developing the tools and guidelines needed to assist government agencies to develop and connect digital services to the portal.
The plan is to deliver the ServiceWA (Digital) Program in stages:
- Stage 1 (completed 1 July 2017) delivered an initial Alpha (prototype) designed to engage public and industry feedback and input into the design, and to test the technologies and processes that might be used in the final version of the portal. Stage 1 also delivered the architectural designs, policies and standards that will be used to identify and choose those final technologies.
- Stage 2 (2017-18) using lessons learned from Stage 1, delivered WA.gov.au which provides a single point of entry to government online services and will continue to focus on delivering immediate benefits to the community, such as enabling individuals to use a single credential to access multiple WA government services. The program will also aim to standardise platforms for agencies, and determine potential benefits of consolidating single gateways for common services (e.g. identity verification).
- Stage 3 (2018+) and beyond will, subject to the success of Stage 2, roll in additional services, and continue to assist government agencies with maturing their digital services capabilities, in order to increase the functionality and performance of the ServiceWA (Digital) Portal.
For further information, please contact:
Director, Strategic Digital Services, Office of the GCIO
(08) 6551 3900