The Government Digital Services Portal Program is a major initiative within the Digital WA ICT Strategy, designed to make it more convenient for the community and businesses to find, and securely access, government services online anywhere and at any time.
The long term vision of the Government Digital Services Portal, known as the ServiceWA Portal, is a “one stop shop” where any digital service provided by any government agency will be available. The intent is to ensure that people using government services online can do so securely, easily and seamlessly.
ServiceWA (Digital) Goals
The ServiceWA (Digital) Program focuses on the digital delivery of online services. It excludes functions such as digitally assisted services or consolidated counter services which remain the responsibility of individual agencies.
The ServiceWA (Digital) Program is focusing on:
- Delivering a single government digital services portal which complements front counter services and improves the equality of access to government services across the State
- Allowing people and businesses to login and access their own information and services quickly and easily
- Developing the policies and frameworks needed to support a seamless and secure user experience
- Developing the tools and guidelines needed to assist government agencies to develop and connect digital services to the portal
The plan is to deliver the ServiceWA (Digital) Program in stages:
- Stage 1 (completed 1 July 2017) delivered an initial Alpha (prototype), called myWA (now re-branded to ServiceWA), designed to engage public and industry feedback and input into the design, and to test the technologies and processes that might be used in the final version of the portal. Stage 1 also delivered the architectural designs, policies and standards that will be used to identify and choose those final technologies.
- Stage 2 (2017-18) will, using lessons learned from Stage 1, deliver a Beta portal, and focus on delivering immediate benefits to the community, such as enabling individuals to use a single credential to access multiple WA government services. The program will also aim to standardise platforms for agencies, and determine potential benefits of consolidating single gateways for common services (e.g. identity verification).
- Stage 3 (2018+) and beyond will, subject to the success of Stage 2, roll in additional services, and continue to assist government agencies with maturing their digital services capabilities, in order to increase the functionality and performance of the ServiceWA (Digital) Portal.
For further information, please contact:
Director, Strategic Digital Services, Office of the GCIO
(08) 6551 3924