The first ever Western Australian Innovation Strategy was launched by the Minister for Innovation, the Hon Bill Marmion, on 2 November 2016.
The Strategy outlines the Liberal National Government’s four year plan to deliver programs that enable Western Australians to capture opportunities and solve problems that benefit innovation, and in turn the whole State.
The plan is underpinned by the State Government’s $20 million innovation package and promotes Western Australia as a ‘great place to live and innovate’.
To highlight this vision the Innovation Strategy will:
- Pave the way for Western Australians to take ideas from discovery to commercialisation;
- Increase investment in Western Australian innovation;
- Increase the number of scaled innovations; and
- Reduce the time and cost of doing so
To deliver these goals the Strategy focuses on four pillars:
- Talent and skills
- Investment and infrastructure
- Culture and collaboration
- Marketing and promotion
A governance structure for the distribution of the innovation funds is currently being developed and once finalised will be available on this website.
For further information:
Executive Director, ICT Policy & Governance; Innovation, Office of the GCIO
(08) 6551 3907