28 July, Pan Pacific Hotel
The Western Australian Innovation Summit brought together some of the State’s brightest minds to discuss, challenge, debate and collectively position Western Australia to prosper in this era of rapid global change.
The Summit focused on:
- The potential impact transformational technologies may have on the WA economy, and mapping a path to maximise opportunities
- How collaboration between government, business, universities and the research sector can best realise commercial outcomes for the State
- How the commercialisation process can be better supported by government and industry
- How best to showcase Western Australia’s innovative talent to enhance investment in local ideas
- Initiatives aimed at attracting and retaining talent in WA, to see the future benefits of commercialisation stay in the State
- How the State Government can best leverage Commonwealth innovation investment initiatives to ensure Western Australia receives its fair share of national funding
Summit outcomes will inform the formulation of the State’s 4 year Innovation Strategy.
Thanks for the ideas contributed at the Summit. We are currently going through your suggestions and will provide further information on outcomes shortly.
[gallery_bank type=”individual” format=”thumbnail” title=”true” desc=”false” responsive=”true” display=”all” sort_by=”random” animation_effect=”” album_title=”true” album_id=”2″]
Join the Conversation
Follow us on Twitter @ogcio_wa and join the conversation using #wainnovation
Listen to Audio from the day
|Andy Lamb||Kath Giles||Peter Klinken|
|Bill Marmion||Liza Harvey||Peter Santa Maria|
|Deidre Willmott||Mark Shelton||Pia Turcinov|
|Joseph Graham||Mary Hackett|
|Justin Strharsky||Matt Taylor|
Interview with Jason from Amphibia
Interview with Peter from Scanalyse
Interview with Sharon from SEQTA
Interview with Shawn from Bombora