GovNext-ICT is transitioning WA Government from being an owner and operator of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure towards being a consumer of commercial compute, storage and network services.
The GovNext-ICT Program will provide the foundation for WA Government to be more flexible and innovative in the delivery of services, and align with the whole of government ICT strategy.
GovNext-ICT aims to:
- Consolidate the 60 plus government data centres into a small number of interconnected, efficient, high grade data centres with a multi-tenanted community cloud for WA government;
- Enable the migration of the majority of government compute and storage to public or private cloud;
- Establish a whole-of-government unified network, with secure standardised connections to public cloud providers; and
- Enable extensive user self-provisioning capability.
It is envisioned that most public sector agencies will transition their ICT infrastructure into the GovNext-ICT model over the next three years.
Facilitation and Support
The Office of the GCIO will facilitate and support agencies throughout this transition by:
- Providing guides and toolkits;
- Leveraging governance arrangements across government; and
- Forming a GovNext-ICT Service Broker Function.
Chief Technology Officer, Office of the GCIO
(08) 6551 3921